Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 7 week old baby is teething!!

7 week old baby is teething!! Lock Rss

My 7 week old baby is teething!! It is a little bit crazy because he is so young but he is really developed for his age. Because he is so young he cant have bonjela or anything, is there anything else anyone can suggest to help him? He has been crying all day for the past three days, poor little guy. I just want to help him feel better.
go get some Bonjela.

My bub is 7 weeks and I've been wondering the same thing. She just LOVES chewing on my hand and has been dribbly and grizzly for about a week now.

How do you know he is teething??
Babies can grab fingers and put them into their mouths and dribble etc just for the comfort. It may not mean that they are teething. It could be a security thing or just an exploring stage, iykwim?
Maybe a little bit of baby panadol if they are upset? Dont worry too much about the 'exact' ages they put on the panadol

go get some Bonjela.

My bub is 7 weeks and I've been wondering the same thing. She just LOVES chewing on my hand and has been dribbly and grizzly for about a week now.

How do you know he is teething??

Yeah he is the same, really dribbly, sooo grumpy, chews on everything he can get his little hands so I'm just assuming he is. And if I try and touch his gums it seems to hurt him sad Have you given your bub bonjela?
No I haven't given her bonjela, I think she's just munchin for comfort, teething has only crossed my mind, but I doubt that's what it is.

You can give panadol as long as he is over 4kg.
my ds was incredibly dribbly and always chewwing on everything from about 6 weeks. strangers used to come adn tell me "his toothy pegs will come thru any day now, look at that dribble and his rosy cheeks and he's munching away there on his hand" he got his first tooth at 8 months old.

their theeth are there and they do move around a fair bit inside the gums before they break thru.

you could try a face washer dipped in cooled boiled water for him to chew on or a teething ring kept in the fridge. if he has a dummy try putting those in the fridge too.

[quote name='Sarah_Kurt2010' date='18 January 2011 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1295349236' post='2894538'] My 7 week old baby is teething!! It is a little bit crazy because he is so young but he is really developed for his age. Because he is so young he cant have bonjela or anything, is there anything else anyone can suggest to help him? He has been crying all day for the past three days, poor little guy. I just want to help him feel better. [/quote My DD started teething at about 3 months and Didn't fineally cut her 1st tooth until 6 months so it can go on for months. But she love the teething rings the one you put in the fridge I have about 5 of them because she loves to chew on them through the day. At this age you would have to hold them for him. They work better for me the then teething gels. or maybe penodol. It works for my DD nearly every time.
I wouldn't be using Bonjela personally - there must be a reason they put the age on the jar.

For me DD starting teething very young (could see the teeth through the gum at a month old) but didn't cut her first tooth till four months.

The best things I found to help were freezing her dummy, natural teething sprays and when it was at its worst baby pamol (although with this I would be speaking to your CHN or GP first as they will be able to give you the exact amount your DS needs for his weight.
Hi - same here, DS was drooling, chewing everything etc from an early age but his 2 bottom teeth have only just come through and he's 6 months. I read that early drooling is their salivary glands developing and chewing is just them exploring and learning. But some babies do get early teeth apparently! smile

I give my bubs rusks to chew on and he loves them!!!

He gets mushy biscuit everywhere but he is also getting great hand-to-mouth coordination.

My 7 week old baby is teething!! It is a little bit crazy because he is so young but he is really developed for his age. Because he is so young he cant have bonjela or anything, is there anything else anyone can suggest to help him? He has been crying all day for the past three days, poor little guy. I just want to help him feel better.

At 7 weeks I would be taking your bub to a Dr if he is that miserable that he's been crying all day for the past three days. Whilst teething causes some discomfort its not like they are continually miserable, perhaps he's coming down with something? Does he have a fever?

All babies drool, until they learn to swallow their saliva then it just pours out of them. Both my girls drooled like nobodies business but neither got any teeth till 10 months, they also smunch on their hands and anything else they can get to their mouth - that's a normal part of development. They "mouth" things as a way of exploring their world and suck for comfort (as well as feeding of course).

So for me if I had a miserable newborn I'd be off to the Dr to be on the safe side.
Bonjela...I have just recently heard that putting bonjela on babies gums actually hardens the gums so takes more for the tooth to try to push through, making it more painful and takes longer. Does anyone know if this is true?
Sign in to follow this topic