Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Not babbling at 8 months Rss

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else has or had an 8 month old that doesn't babble? Olivia's hearing test at birth was perfect and she makes lots of squeeling, excited noises but no babbling. She reacts to loud noises and has started turning when I call her name. My 3.5yr old is very noisy and talks a lot to her and I thought maybe she just hasn't had a chance to really find her voice. Our paediatrician has given us a referral to get her hearing tested and I'm feeling very nervous sad

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else has or had an 8 month old that doesn't babble? Olivia's hearing test at birth was perfect and she makes lots of squeeling, excited noises but no babbling. She reacts to loud noises and has started turning when I call her name. My 3.5yr old is very noisy and talks a lot to her and I thought maybe she just hasn't had a chance to really find her voice. Our paediatrician has given us a referral to get her hearing tested and I'm feeling very nervous sad

Hi, My 7 month old doesn't babble. He squeals or cries if he needs our attention, but while my other 2 are awake and running around yelling and talking, he just watches. The only times we hear any sort of noises (and not very often) that aren't squealing are late at night or early in the morning when the other 2 are in bed. I have to take him back to the CHN next month if he doesn't start making an effort, but i think it is just him listening and taking it all in. Sounds like your little girl might be the same. Hope all goes well for Olivia's hearing test, but given she reacts to you calling, sounds like it will be fine.
when your interacting with her can you make her laugh? I must admit thinking about it my baby doesn't babble either..... lots of squealing too..... I think his hearing is fine.... also you said she reacts to loud noises.... what about if your standing behind her and calling her or something?
Thanks for all your replies, she had her hearing test and did perfectly smile The audiologist said she seems like quite a placid baby so it could just be a part of her personality at the moment. I'm still looking forward to her babbling though smile

Sign in to follow this topic