Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 2 month old chewwing on hands

2 month old chewwing on hands Lock Rss

For the past week, Travis has been chewwing on his hands like a mad chook!

Why is it? I have checked to see if he has teeth coming though but i cant see nor feel anything.

Any idea's? Is it ok for him to chew them?

His also been really cranky all the time, & will cry for 10mins or so even after we pick him up

Why is it? I have checked to see if he has teeth coming though but i cant see nor feel anything.

His also been really cranky all the time, & will cry for 10mins or so even after we pick him up

Hi

Its a normal part of development, at around this age they discover their hands and that they can get them to their mouths and keep them there for a good old smunch smile They "mouth" things as a way of learning and exploring their world so it wont just be his hands that go in his mouth from now on... it will be anything he can get to his mouth

Have a look here, it explains the crying too

https://www.huggies.com.au/baby-care/weeks/8-week-baby
Sounds normal to me as far as i know. My bub started teething early though but it could just be new things like just realizing he has hands = )

Wait till he discovers his feet and while wearing a one piece suit bub will grab her foot and look astonished that she can feel it because she cant see her actual foot but can feel it lol

Might be a comfort thing too? The crying may be due to a growth spurt? Could be so many things
my 11 week old ds has just started doing that now alot would rather his hands than his dummy, i just make sure his finger nails are trimmed.
My girl teethed very early so did this a fair bit, we only knew it was teething cos it was 'acidic' and her nappy rash that came with it,

I think it's normal when they discover their hands though too

Your 2 month old could be teething, Just got to wait, But get teething gel incase. Get a natural one. As its better for bub. I use hylands teething gel. My little man got his teeth at 3 months.

Hi Caitie,

My little girl did the same thing all the time. I asked the health nurse about this and was told it is normal. One thing she did say was let her do itbecause If she sticks her hands in her mouth to far she will gag, but she said that this helps to desensitise their throat. So when they start on solids they don't choke and they know how to clear there throat easily. So far my girl has been fine.
My baby is 8 weeks old and has been doing this for about 2 weeks. He does it when he's hungry.
I like this post ,because I learn some knowledge from it.Thank you very much.Coach Outlet Stores
Coach Bags
coach outlet
Sign in to follow this topic