Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Should he be talking more? Lock Rss

Hi,
I'm trying not to worry, but I was flipping thru a babytalk book today and it said that by 9 months Bubs should be stringing things together like mumumum, babababab etc. My DS doesn't even say these words, but the book said to contact a proffesional if this hasn't happened by 9 mths, he will be 10 mths soon. When did all your Bubs do this?
In all other areas I have no concerns, he is a very happy, noisy, boisterous,curious and mobile wee man. What do you think, is he just the strong silent type?

Jen and 13mth Harvey

My boys are 18 months and only really say 3-5 words

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hey Jen - I think your son is going along just fine. I checked out the Blue Book and it only expects this by 12 months:

'Lots of conversational babble, with one or two words.'

I think that if your son is happy, noisy and boisterous - then he is perfectly normal. Soon enough, he will start to say words, accidently at first - then it wont take long to cotton on.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

i think you should take a match to that book and sigh some relief lol
my bubs is 5 months and says "mumma"

you wanna know why?????
because for 2 days straight i carried her around saying it too her flat out!!!
poor bubs ha?

babies all develope at their own stages

xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi jennimum my daughter doesnt really talk that much but its more like baby talk and sometimes I think she is talking and saying words but its more like mmmm than mum but babys developed in diffect ways and at their time.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic