Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

staying awake Rss

hi my 4mth old boy loves to sleep. He only stays awake for about 2 hours then he gets very tired.I was wondering how many other babys at his age stay awake for.Not that im complaing !!!!

angela vic 4mth baby

My little boy is exactly the same! He stays awake for about 3 hours, then he's conked it. And he's been sleeping through the night for the last 2 months. I love it!

Mum to Isobel 2, and William 4mths

hi karla ,my boys been sleeping through the night since he was 2mth as well.I would love to hear hes daily routine.my boy gets up at 6or 7am for feed,then back to bed.then he wakes at 9 plays till 11am than a nap till 1or2pm then a feed.then back down at 4pm then up feed at 5or6pm then play bath etc and down for bed at 8pm.I wake him up at 10.30pm for night feed then he sleeps through till morning!!

angela vic 4mth baby

My baby boy is 15 weeks, and he only stays awake about 1-1 1/2 hours after each feed, usually waking up a half hour before each feeding time...

so sounds like we're all on track!...smile

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Willy wakes up about 7am and has his first feed about 7.30 or 8 a.m. He has his next feed at 11.00 then has a big 3 hour sleep, and has a feed somewhere between 2 and 3 p.m. He will fall asleep again about 4 p.m. He has a feed about 6 p.m. and then another little nap. He has a last feed about 9 p.m, and then falls asleep about 9.30 and is out for the night. He's really wonderful!

Mum to Isobel 2, and William 4mths

Hi,
My little boy at 4 months was only awake for 1.5 hours before getting tired and grizzly, he only now at 6 months is starting to stay awake for 2+ hours.
I think it depends on how active they are during their awake time - my little boy is flat out kicking and playing in his awake time. So it's a bit hard to compare with other babies who might not be as active.
My little girl is 4 months. She is generally up for 2 hrs and then down for 2(at least I try to make her sleep for 2 hours at a time!). Other than that, there doesn't seem to be much more of a routine yet. Oh except that she will wake around 1am for a feed and then again at 5am before getting up at about 8am because that's when big sister wakes us all up!!
Georgina
Ryan is almost 3 months but he does similar. He sleeps through the night but feeds every 3 hours during the day. Of each 3 hour stint he is up for about two hours and sleeps for about one hour.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Sign in to follow this topic