Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

When Lock Rss

Okay, so I know that all babies develop differently, but just wondering how long did it take for your child to go from taking a few steps clinging on to a lounge or other bit of furniture, to taking steps by themselves with no support???

Just curious, as my son has just started walking along holding onto the lounge, mentioned it to my mum, and she said that he might be walking by the time he's 1 (which is 1 month away). I personally thought it might be longer than a month before he's walking by himself...
My son is 10 and half months and he walks along the coffee table and to the couch. He stands up by himself and takes a step but thats about all smile
My oldest was 9 months when he started to cruise around the funiture and he was 10 and a half months when he started to walk without holding onto anything.

My second son is 8 months old and for the last few weeks he being cruise around the funiture. I caught him not holding onto something for 5 seconds it would of being longer but i screamed with delight and he sat down.

I am proud to say.....ds took his first steps last Sunday!!! laugh laugh laugh

We were in the kitchen sunday evening preparing dinner when i saw him stand up and walk about 3-4 steps! I clapped and was so excited, happy and proud! My inlaws were here at the time and my mil squealed when she saw so of course ds plopped to the floor cause she scared him and he didn't try again sad

But over the last few days he has been walking a bit more here and there. Even daddy got to see him walk when he got home from work. Ds still cruises around the furniture (which he's been doing for awhile now) but is becoming more confident to let go and walk with mummy smile smile

He's 15 months old, everyone was forever asking is he walking yet? is he walking yet? And I would always say when he's ready he will!! And yep....he's ready alright!

My oldest was 9 months when he started to cruise around the funiture and he was 10 and a half months when he started to walk without holding onto anything.

My second son is 8 months old and for the last few weeks he being cruise around the funiture. I caught him not holding onto something for 5 seconds it would of being longer but i screamed with delight and he sat down.

Wow, you had a nice early walker and you may end up with another early walker!!!

I am proud to say.....ds took his first steps last Sunday!!! laugh laugh laugh

Anyways we were in the kitchen sunday evening preparing dinner when i saw him stand up and walk about 3-4 steps! I clapped and was so excited, happy and proud! My inlaws were here at the time and my mil squealed when she saw so of course ds plopped to the floor cause she scared him and he didn't try again sad

But over the last few days he has been walking a bit more here and there. Even daddy got to see him walk when he got home from work. Ds still cruises around the furniture (which he's been doing for awhile now) but is becoming more confident to let go and walk with mummy smile smile

He's 15 months old, everyone was forever asking is he walking yet? is he walking yet? And I would always say when he's ready he will!! And yep....he's ready alright!

That's great, very exciting!!! Enjoy running after him!!!

I'm getting the question "Is he walking yet?" too and hey he's only 11 months today. I'm not in a rush for him to walk yet and I'm not worried about his development.

My inlaws were here at the time and my mil squealed when she saw so of course ds plopped to the floor cause she scared him and he didn't try again sad

Pretty scary, these MIL's hey!!! My MIL scared my son the other week playing peek-a-boo and then disappeared for a bit then came back out and went BOO really loud, my son jumped so much and howled and howled.

That's great, very exciting!!! Enjoy running after him!!!

I'm getting the question "Is he walking yet?" too and hey he's only 11 months today. I'm not in a rush for him to walk yet and I'm not worried about his development.

Thanks smile

I know people are curious as to when our lil ones will be walking. All bubs are different, it's when they're good & ready in their own time they'll be walking & talking even! (that'll be the next question, is he talking yet? Lol) Want to enjoy every moment in the now laugh

And yes, gotta love the mil's! Awwww Your poor lil ds being scared by your mil! My mil scared ds once too doing the peek a boo with him but she'd say pee boo, pee boo (wt?!!) ds got scared and cried. He hated peek a boo when he was younger now matter who did it, even me, but loves that game now that he's older. Funny though, he still he gets scared when mil goes pee boo to him!!

DS started cruising just before 7months and he took his first steps at 10 months and by 10&1/2 months he was walking full time smile
Youngest started cruising at 11 months, and walked properly at 12 months. Middle was cruising at 10 months, walking at 11 months. Oldest was a fatty, and cruising at 12 months, walking at 15 months.

Wow, just another example how different each child is. Some only a couple weeks to a months to a few months. Well I'll just have to wait and see where my son falls in that category.... I'm quite happy for him to take his time!!!
my daughter gave her first steps the day she turned 10months
Sign in to follow this topic