Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Missed miscarriage at 9.5 weeks :,(

Missed miscarriage at 9.5 weeks :,( Lock Rss

I don't even know where to start.... I'd be 10 weeks pregnant this coming Wednesday....
I had a small fall yesterday, I landed on my knee... After that I got some slight jabbing pains and very very small amount if blood. Because I've never bleed before in any of my previous 4 pregnancies, I was concerned so went to have a check up...

I was not at all expecting what they found... No baby. I had 2 people look, to which he told me I'm sorry but I can't see anything in your uterus, he then called another sonographer in to check... He said I'm sorry I can't give you what your looking for... You've lost the baby at the moment my heart is absolutely aching!
I thought everything was fine, I've had no bleeding, pains nothing! I always assumed if your not bleeding... Your baby is fine.
I am in shock & disbelief! My partner was just telling his nana a few hours before how excited he was to see bub in 2 weeks time at our 12 week scan, absolutely heart breaking:,( I was told my body would of re absorbed the baby but still thinks I'm pregnant.

I have to go to hospital today to have a courette done... I'm so scared, it doesn't feel real when everything seemed fine, I feel so empty & lost sad how do you deal with this? In a small way I feel glad i found out now, then getting super excited the day of my 12 week scan with my partner to be told we'd lost bub then, just don't know how to deal with this, I've never lost a baby before.... sad
Raspberry Sundae wrote:
I am so sorry for what you are going through.

It isn't something I have experienced but I couldn't read and not reply without acknowledging the little life you have lost. Hugs to you and your family.

Thank you, that means a lot & is greatly appreciated xxx
I have been thru what you are going thru. I am really sorry for your loss.

It was my first pregnancy. I had a scan at 8 weeks and all was good with a great heart beat. Then when I went back at 10 week the baby was still in uterus but no heart beat. I also had to have a D&C.

It is a really hard knock to take. It takes time but you do get over it. I then had a DD then lost another one and then had twins.

Give yourself time to get over it.

Once again I'm really sorry for your loss and I hope that all goes well tomorrow. We are all here to support you thru this tough time.

I'm so sorry for your loss! sad Unfortunately miscarriage is part & parcel of trying to have kids; there is nothing that you could've done to change things. Really hope that you have lots of support in getting through this tough time - *hugs*. Give yourself time to grieve and hope you can get through the next couple days ok xx
Thank you all so very much for your kind words. It really is an overwhelming time of emotions, but it's very nice to know there are people out there that care. Hopefully in a few months after everything settles down, we can try again with a happy ending. Once again thank you all. Ill keep you posted xoxoxo
Thank you fox. They have given me a few options & I think D&C is easier for me. With 4 children at home it's just not great going the other option or the waiting naturally, feeling pregnant but knowing your not & because I'm not bleeding or anything they said could take 4-6 weeks to start naturally.

Thank you for your comment, does give me some hope. Congratulations on your pregnancy x
I am very sorry for your loss. Your story is so very close to mine. Earlier this year I was high fiving and fist pumping because I had reached 9 weeks (or so I thought). On the very day it clocked over to 9 weeks I started having discharge and light cramps. Having had a miscarriage before, I was very upset and fearful. But quietly optimistic. You see, with my two children I had light bleeding around 7 or 8 weeks so I was so hopeful that was the case here. I went to my gp the next day and they arranged an ultrasound. When I got in there, the lady did the scan quietly. Then placed her hand on my leg and said "I'm very sorry, there is no heartbeat". Anyway, long story short it was a pretty upsetting time and I know how you feel. You will feel sad for a while. It has made my current pregnancy (I am 17 weeks now) filled with fear and apprehension in the early days. Some wise words I have listened to for my two miscarriages were things like: it wasn't the right time, it wasn't anything you did, there was nothing you could have done, it doesn't mean it will happen again (each pregnancy is a unique event), your body wants to be pregnant and will become so when the time is right. BIG virtual hugs XXX

38 weeks and 2 days

Sign in to follow this topic