Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 13 months & not crawling !!!!

13 months & not crawling !!!! Lock Rss

I have a 13month daughter who is not crawling (not even commando crawling). She just sits and plays but is rather demanding as I'm constantly having to entertain her all day and not to mention carry her everywhere, so please don't tell me I have it easy!

Does anyone know of other babies who have been in the similar position?

What is the latest that you know of a baby walking? I can't imagine that she'll learn to walk by 18 months.

I really wish my daughter would do something to become mobile... even if it is bottom shuffling!!
I'm so frustrated!!!!!

mum to two girls

My cousins son did the same thing at 12 months, he went from sitting to walking, he missed the crawling all together. i wouldn't worry, you'll just stress yourself out.
They are all different developmentally.

dd b. 31/07/05

I wouldn't say you have it easy at all and although I don't know anyone in the same situation I believe you would be extremely frustrating.

Please don't take this the wrong way but have you been doting on her too much? If she gets what she wants when she wants it maybe there is little insentive for her to move around to get her toys and amuse herself.

How is she in the rest of her development? If she is fine I think she is really a clever little girl knowing just how to get what she wants.

They learn from a really young age how to get what they want as they have no means to do things for themselves until they learn.

Best wishes

Mum of 2 boys 3 1/2 and 19wks

your day sounds so very hard,my DD is 6 months and at the age where she gets so frustrated she wants me all the time,but the thought of it going on that long is scary

your poor mumma

have you propped her up holding onto the couch to help her stand, does she use a jolly jumper as these are fantastic at strenghtening leggets?

do you encourage her by placing toys out of reach?

hope i can help
xx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi sbjohn my nephew is 2 weeks younger than my daughter and they a both 11 months old and Kai(nephew) has just started to crawl around the house now and trying to push himself up on things and I think some babies just miss out on crawling and just go to walking and every baby is different and they will do their own thing in their stages and maybe a walker would help you out so you could just push your daughter around the house.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi sbjohn

My husband's friend's daughter is 16 months old and still doesnt walk. Her doctor has indicated that if she doesnt walk by the age of 18 months, they are going to try some sort of treatment in order to help her along.

All babies are different, so I am sure your daughter will crawl or start to walk without crawling when the time is right. They seem so lazy sometimes.

Cheers
Sign in to follow this topic