Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Overactive 4 month old - is this normal?

Overactive 4 month old - is this normal? Lock Rss

Hi there,

I have a 4 month old son who is very active - he just doesn't stay still for very long at all. Nappy changing is becoming a task and a half as he seems to dig in his heels and push away from me!
When I put him into his bouncer, he manages to slide down until his feet are hanging over the edge and he actually bounces on his back.

Also, I can't seem to get him entertained for long - he gets bored after 5-10 minutes on his bouncer, then I move him to his playgym and that doesn't last long either.

Is is normal for a 4month old to be this active?? I just want to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with him.

Thanks heaps!

My son has been over active since he was born. He is nearly 6 months now. His legs move all the time. It doesnt matter whether he is laying down, on his belly, on his tummy, in his swing or his pram, his legs kick all the time. I have some friends that have babies the same age & theirs arent as active as mine & sometimes I worry that there is something wrong with him too. He is a high maintance baby that gets bored easily.

Maybe we are just breeding the next generation of football players??
Wow, your bub sounds exactly the same as my DD!

I was laughing when i read the bouncer part and the nappy changing as that EXACTLY what DD does! I think you just have a very active and happy baby! My DD gets bored extremely easily too and i am forever trying to entertain her! I try and swap her toys around so she doesn't get too bored too quickly.

He sounds like he is just a very active and clever young bub! Congrats! He is just trying to explore the world as fast as he can! It's amazing how fast they develop... smile

Hope you are well. I take it he must sleep well?? My DD sleeps all night and usually refuses to nap during the day until she is totally exhausted.

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Just sound as though he's a happy little chappy?!!

My dd is 7 months and she will only stay in her jolly jumper for 15 - 20 mins before shes ready for a new task, its just all part of their day, they get so excited their not sure what they want to do lol

xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

DS was a very active baby in-utero - and things didn't change out-utero (not a word, but you know what I mean)!

He is full-on all day long... he's a shocking sleeper too. I have no rest at all! DD was such a placid, contented soul - but DS is not laying back waiting for anything. I shudder to think what the days ahead will bring me.

It's very hard to keep him occupied. I've found that rotating his toys every 3 - 4 days helps there's the novelty of new toys. Though, he's now crawling so another chapter of havoc is awakened... he found his way into DD's bathroom while she was having a shower for school this morning - I heard "I'm naked here - get out" - she's 5!! The joys!

Have you got berocca? You might need it to keep up with him! Maybe just good strong coffee!!

Kez

Kerry, WA, DD 09/00 & DS 11/05

hey my daughter is the same but she started bn like that at 2half months she also slides out of her stroller

Nicole

Sign in to follow this topic