Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. What do they do when they are starting to crawl?

What do they do when they are starting to crawl? Lock Rss

my daughter is starting to crawl (in the early stages I think)

When you put her on the floor, apart from lifting her bum up and down and balancing on her tummy, she moves around on her mat in a circle. She can go a full 360*.

Does this mean that she is trying to crawl? And if so how long do you think it will be before she does?

Ebony

What a very clever little DD you have !!!

Shortly after my DD started doing 180's and 360's, she started to commando crawl (just use her arms to get to what she wanted). She was incredible in that she would roll a few times to get closer, then commando crawl to get what she wanted (toy etc).

Not long after that DD started to weight bare on her hands and knees. It took her a few weeks to get her strenght up to hold herself on all fours and rock. Once she figured that out, it was only a couple of weeks till she was full on crawling.

There seems to be a lot of different ways they crawl - some shuffle along on their bums which is rather entertaining. What do you think your bub will do?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

yup.... my girl did the moving around in circle as well. this is when she wants to start to crawl..
it took her around 2 month b4 she starts to crawl very smooth and fast...... the fun thing is b4 she starts to crawl fast, she already can hold on to something and walk along it.....eg. sofa, and she loves to walk along it....
Sign in to follow this topic