Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

JOLLY JUMPER Rss

Can any one tell me when is the best age to put a baby in a jolly jumper?

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

Hi there

My doctor told me not before 4 months and no longer than 20mins at a time. I think from memory tho that i had my son in one maybe afew weeks from being four months.

Mum to 11 month old boy

hi everyone
i had my little girl in the jolly jumper at 3 months .
go with what you think you know you chlid better than anyone . i agree with the last person no more than 20 mins for now

kylie mum of chloe 5 and a half months

kylie mum of chloe

hi, i think as long as your bub can hold their head up they will be fine. i had my son in one at 3 months but he was big (!) and he had good head control. also try to make sure your bub doesnt stand on his/her tippy toes.

Kelly, NSW, Caleb born 3/10/00, Hannah born 21/8/0

One of the Occupational Therapists at the hospital told me they don't approve of Jolly Jumpers as it supports babys weight and doesn't encourage them to use their own weight.
This said, I still put Lachlan in one loaned to us occasionally and never for longer than 5 mins. He didn't use it until he was 6 months and stopped using it by 9 months.

Michelle,SA, Lachlan & Holly

Thanks everyone, Ryan holds his head up really well, i might try him tomorrow for a little while.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

My daughter loves her Jolly Jumper, she laughs til she hiccups then keeps on laughing! I put her in it when she was 3 1/2months old and she wasn't so sure at first until i gave her a little help then she realised what to do! I think its good for her cuz it stregthens their legs and they love to see whats going on from a standing position. She crys when i take her out though!! sad

Michelle,NSW, Isabella 26/10/04, Charli 12/3/07

the age to place your babies in a JOLLY JUMPER is when they are able to sit with thier heads stable or when they are able to sit in a HIGHCHAIR.

I am currently selling on on ebay if anyone is interested, it's a pick up only from QUAKERS HILL NSW sydney.
My ebay username is nixmummy

cheers
Ann & Nic xx
Sign in to follow this topic