Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Feeding your 10 month old. Lock Rss

Hi there,
I was just wondering what do you feed your 10 month old? My daughter is 10 months next week with only 1 tooth down the bottom, weighs 11kgs. I don't want to give her anything chunky just yet since she has only 1 tooth and scared she will choke. She has 3 bottles a day @ 200mls but has 3 solid meals a day but wanting to change what I'm giving her.
Thank you!!

QLD, Mum to Chloe 16.05.04 + Caiden 25.08.06

Hi - my son is 11 months today and is breastfed plus solids. he's okay with chunks but isn't onto cut up table food yet. Babies chew with their gums, not their front teeth - having front teeth is sometimes worse because they bite off big chunks and then choke!

My baby has:

breakfast - breasfeed and baby cereal

lunch: breastfeed and sandwich with cheese or chicken or vegemite (doesn't eat it all) and a tin of custard

dinner: I mash a potato and add chopped veges and finely chopped meat - whatever we're having, plus a bit of the sauce to flavour.

and he has a couple more breasfeeds.....

Tania, NSW - Mum to 4, Number 5 due Feb 07

my bub has just gone 9 months and has 3 teeth down bottom, he eats heaps.
sasages, yogurt, cheese sticks, sandwiches, chicken, wafer bickies, fritz, fish fingers, basicly anything we eat. but i stay away from things like steak and snitzel and things cause i dont think hed cope. also he loves saltanas. babys are very good eaters and chew really well with there gums they dont get there back teeth till well over 1. give them a go she will love them, i have a 4 year old and nathan wants everything she has. feel free to email me anytime tamaradiener@hotmail.com

tamara

HI my daughter is 10 months old also, born 4th may 04.
She barely has one tooth!! (the first point of a tooth just popped thru on sunday) but she eats really well, I was like you scrared of her choking but slowly i introduced everything, she can eat fine with just her gums, she loves food of any description, and I just give her everything I have and extras.
Tonight for dinner she had a lasagne topper, peas, potato and a cheese slice, she ate most of what I serve her

she also eats things like: weet bix or fruity bix for breakfast with toast and peaches or pears (tinned)
cheese, soft fruits, all veges, she loves finger foods, raisins, chopped up sausage, steak, chicken, pretty much anything.

I know its hard to get from the step you are at to the next, I was really worried bout it but somehow we got to this stage, and to tell you the truth im not too sure how, but i do know its great now and we havnt had any choking problems, I think we maybe just underestimate the power their gums have!!
hope this helps!
from toni

NZ mum to 10 mnth old girl!!

Hi, my daughter is also 10 months old & has three & a half teeth. She has been having finger food for a few months now (before her teeth came through!). She loves to eat bread fingers, soft fruit & cooked (then cooled) vegies - like carrot sticks & broccoli.

She pretty much has the same as us for tea each night, just mashed with a fork & the meat cut up finely.

I too was concerned about her choking, but my child health nurse assured me that babies have a really good gagging reflex & it's normal for them to gag on their food occasionally... they are just learning how to eat.

Hope everything is going well with your little one!

Cheers!

Kelly, TAS, mum of Sophie born 11/05/04

Hey, thank you very much ladies for your replies. They have helped me ALOT. I have been giving her vegies but haven't given her the meats we have. I don't cook but when other half does he loves his garlic and so on and I'm scared to even give her that. But otherwise I have given her cheese sticks and she eats half of one of them. Milk arrowroot biscuits with some vegemite on them but only has 1/2. And weetbix 1 + 1/2 in the mornings aswell as banana multigrain mix on the other mornings.

I bought her some ice cream but she wont eat that and will not eat yoghurt. But thank you again for your replies eh.

I hope everyone is well and bubby's aren't giving you too much trouble. Mine just wont sleep much during the day.

Thank you!!
Kristy

QLD, Mum to Chloe 16.05.04 + Caiden 25.08.06

Sign in to follow this topic