Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. swimming lessons... how old?

swimming lessons... how old? Lock Rss

hello, hope everything is well... My little boy is nearly 5 months old and i was wondering if anybody could tell me what age they can be when they are allowed 2 start swimming lessons... I am in adelaide and would also like 2 know of any good swimming schools?

Amanda Mummy 2 Seth 1/2/05 & Tianah 14/7/06

Generally they let them start at 6 months. I think that is the standard for most pools. I've been taking my daughter (now 15 months) since she was 8 months old. We go to Parafrield Gardens Swimming Centre, and its great. They learn all sorts from kicking, to getting to the edge of the pool and climing out etc, but also sing song and do a lot of enjoyment stuff. The lesson is for 1/2 an hour and the pool is heated. Not sure whereabouts in Adelaide you are from but if you're north of adelaide I can definitely recommend this swimming centre.

Tracy, SA, DD 15/3/04 & TTC #2

Some swim schools will let you start them at 3 months of age.
My sister lives in Perth and took her daughter from 3 month old and she loved it. The place she went to had a program where the first half an hour was the lesson for bub, then there was a break while you fed, changed and settled them and then you got to go for a swim yourself for half an hour while they keep an eye of them for you. Sounds great. I haven't found anything like that here in Brisbane unfortunately

Sam, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic