Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. pillow/head rest to prevent flat spot

pillow/head rest to prevent flat spot Lock Rss

Hi there,
I am trying to find out if you can get a pillow/head rest to help reduce babies developing a flat spot in Australia.
I have seen one on Amazon (the Boppy Noggin Nest), but of course they don't ship to Oz.
My 8-week old daughter has developed a small flat spot and I want to do all I can to stop it from getting worse (along with repositioning).
So, if anyone knows or has seen this head rest or something similar, please let me know!
Thanks,
Liz

Liz, QLD, 4 princesses

Hi there,

My daughter had the same problem so i bought a safety sleep thing from a baby shop ( baby bunting) in melbourne. Which is like two rolls and she lies in between them. So bascially she sleeps on her side. You will have to rotate each day which side she sleeps on though. It was only 30 dollars and made a great difference. You can only use it up to 6 months, by then they want to wiggle around. Because i put her in this she prefers to sleep with her head on the side now so i don't have to worry about her flat spot getting any worse.

Hope that helps you

Good luck

Ella's mumma
Hi Liz

I really wouldn't worry too much about it. My son had quite a flat spot on the back of his head, but as soon as he started rolling around and sleeping the way he wanted it gradually went back to normal. The nurse at our clinic told me that their bones are quite soft and malleable so their heads usually go back to a normal shape.

Take care
Jasmine
Hi Liz,

My daughter has the same problem... I had a head rest made for her but the other day I saw head rests in the baby section at Target (not sure if Target is in QLD as I am from NSW).. Hope this helps..

Bye for now

8 month baby girl

hi liz,
i was concerned at first as cooper favoured one side constantlyand so one side of his head is flat, but the clinic nurses and our doctor see it as no issue at all and that in time it will even up, so having the experts not concerned has made me not worry.

Rebecca,NSW,5mth Baby

Sign in to follow this topic