Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

She doesnt want to roll! Lock Rss

My princess is almost 6 months old now,
and she refuses to roll over. It seems like everyone else her age can do it, is she really the only one who cant??????

I have asked others for advice, and all anyone can think of is to put toys just out of reach.

I have tried and tried but she actually tries to move to the toys on her tummy.

She gets frustrated fairly quickly on her tummy too!

She is able to sit up and she stands up with me holding her for longer each day. I dont know why she wont roll.

I would love to her from anyone with a similar problem or a solution.

Do any babies crawl before they roll?

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

Hi Leanne...

Isabella was 1 week shy of 6 months when she decided to roll from back to stomach and when she did it was hell!!! She hated being on her tummy and would cry as soon as she rolled as she didnt know how to roll back until 2 weeks later!! All day I was turning her to her back...ohhh it was irritating!!

Im sure she will roll when she is ready, and I wouldnt worry about it.

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Thanks ladies,

I think being a first time mum you just want your baby to develop at text book pace. I feel alot better now and i know i shouldnt compare but its so hard.

Ps. She hasnt started rolling yet !

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

My little boy is 5 months old now and I thought he would never roll. He is a reflux baby and isnt very fond of being on his tummy.

I encouraged him to roll onto his side from his back by using a favourite toy (& mummy laying on the side as well). He found this fun, maybe you can get your baby to start like this?

Anyway after doing this for a while, 2 days ago when I put him on his tummy he rolled straight over onto his back (he did it again yesterday). I dont know if its anything I did or just a fluke but as I said I thought it would never happen and then one day they just surprise you.

Take Care,

Kara, NSW

Dont feel bad
Kayden is 6months now, and he has his moments with the rolling. he started doing it around 5months, but he has only done it a few times. He goes to his side but doesnt go all the way...

Im sure like the other ladies said, dont compare and she will do it soon enough.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic