Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Cleaning babies teeth Rss

Hi everyone, I am the mother of a beautiful 10 month old boy. He has 6 teeth but I have trouble cleaning them... he does not let me. Do other mums clean their babies teeth and if so how? I have read that you should not use toothpaste until 2 years old, I use a baby toothbrush with soft bristles so it should not be hurting him. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Jess,WA, Baby Hayden

Hi Jess,
I have a 11 month old boy who has 4 teeth. Most of the time after a meal I will rub his teeth with a wet cloth then I try to brush them with his baby rubber tooth brush then let him play with it. He likes to brush himself!!
I wouldnt use tooth paste till after 12 months as it says on the my first colgate toothpaste. Im not sure how I will do it but apparantely its easier to brush from the back of them, having them on your lap.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi Jess,
I found with my 2 older kids, if they saw me with my toothbrush brushing my teeth, they wanted to try it to, so I gave them their own baby toothbrush and let them do it themselves (with a little help from me to keep it steady and not let it go down the back of their throats) with only water on it. No toothpaste until 2 years of age. I am currently doing this with my almost 9 month old son (he has just cut his 2nd tooth today), and he is doing well. He loves brushing his teeth. Good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Jess,
I also have a 10 month old. There is toothpaste for babies called "stages"- by Colgate. Their say to use a "pea size" amount of toothpaste on the brush. As for actually brushing the teeth, my midwife told to let my baby just bite the teethbrush for starters. My little angel holds and bites toothbrush with no problems.

Mum to Vanessa (April 03)

Sign in to follow this topic