Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Bub not cruising at 10 months??

Bub not cruising at 10 months?? Lock Rss

Just come back from a visit with my gorgeous clinic nurse, sometimes I want to take her home with me

Anyway, she was asking what my baby was up to in terms of mobility. I said he has just started crawling on all fours and occasionally pulls himself up on things (to get things he is not allowed to have!!).

She asked if he is cruising around furniture yet, to which I replied "No". She said that that is what stage 10 months are usually up to. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't have payed as much attention, except that this clinic nurse is soooooo down to earth and I really appreciate her advice.

Should I be worried? What can I do to encourage my bub to "cruise". I'm gone from a mum who thinks I'll just let my bub develop at his own pace to thinking maybe I should be actively helping him....

What do other's think? Am I overreacting?

Cheers

Sandra (28) Liam born 14 Sep 04

You are over reacting smile

he'll cruise when he is ready to cruise. (says me with the 16 mth old non walker LOL)

Maybe get him something he can push along and walk behind that might get him moving.

But seriously as im sure your health nurse meant to add, they alllllllllllll develop differently.

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Sandra, my boy is named Liam also! I too think its nothing to worry about, and although you can get things like a trolley for him to walk behind, until he is ready there isn't anything you can do to make him walk! I met a 16 month old girl two days ago who wasn't pulling herself up or even interested in standing, and I know a few who just got up and walked one day with no warning! So let him be a baby and enjoy it until you have to chase after him cause he runs so fast! smile

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

Sign in to follow this topic