Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Weight gain blues Lock Rss

Hi everyone, my little man is having trouble gaining weight

Here is our story:
Jesse was born a big 8p 10o (4.07k) and 57cms long. He was the biggest born out of six babies in my group of friends (all born within six months of each other). At around 3ths a health nurse told me he may have reflux as he had lost 100g in a couple of weeks and it was also discovered I had lost my milk supply.

Since finding out about the refulx and milk supply I have been topping him up with formula which has helped him gain about 600g in one month (which i had hoped would be more).

At his 4mth check up he was 6.1kg 65cms long and 42cm head circumference.

His percentages have gone from:
HeadC 98th Birth, to 75th 2mths to 50th 4mths
Lenght 99th birth, to 90th 2mths to 55th 4mths
Weight 90th birth, to 50th 2mths to 30th 4mths

I am really worried with these big drops and would love to hear from others who are going through this or who have over come it.

Jesse 27/03/05 Kynan 19/07/07 Amber 12/03/09

I have to say im a little depressed to see that we are the only ones with this problem, but Im happy to say that this week Jesse has gained 250g taking him to 6.35 which makes me feel a lot better. I guess he is making up for lost time and if he keeps up at this rate he should be back to normal within a month.

Jesse 27/03/05 Kynan 19/07/07 Amber 12/03/09

Sign in to follow this topic