Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. smallish babies-6 months old

smallish babies-6 months old Lock Rss

hi everyone.. my little boy is 6 months old and seems to be gaining a minimal amount of weight, im not really worried but just wondered if anybody else had this, he is on the 50 percentile line but as he has started on solids everybody told me he would stack on the weight, this hasnt been the case... jst after some reassurence i think...

Amanda Mummy 2 Seth 1/2/05 & Tianah 14/7/06

Hi Amanda,
I suppose if he gains weight at each weigh in then that is okay.
What was his birth weight???
what does he weigh now

I have 9 month old twins(2 months early) 1 is in the 3rd percential, gaining weight okayish the other has not even reach the charts yet and has slowed down on his weight. I too have just started them on solids so hopefully they will pick up

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Seth was 2790 born, 6lb2oz and he is now 7.8kg how big were ur twins and how much do they weigh now?

Hi

My son is the same. He has been on solids for 2 months and has only gained 100g in the past 5 weeks. He was 3.9kgs at birth and is now 7.5 kgs. He is just on the 50 percentile. I see your baby was born 3 days after mine. The clinic nurse said his weight gain is fine

Fiona,NSW, baby boy 29-01-05

Hi... I too have the same problem with my little girl who is 6 1/2 mths old. She has been on solids since she was 4 1/2mths old and i too thought she'd put the weight on. The health nurse told me too that she was on the 50% line, but said that this was ok, and that she'd gain more as she had more grow spurts. She was weighed on thursday and was only 6.98kg and 67cm long. What did your little boy weight last check.

Belinda, mum to Tempany

no sorry twins+1 seth is 7.6 i accidently typed in 6.6 lol... i spoke to his doctor the other day and he assured me he is doing fine, he just said he isnt going to be a chubby baby...

Sign in to follow this topic