Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. when do babies start sitting up???

when do babies start sitting up??? Lock Rss

my son is 3months old and he does not like lying down when he's awake, he's been like this for 1 month now, i get annoyed as i can't leave him on the lounge as he has learned to roll as well, so when do babies start sitting on their own?????
i'm very unsure as my boy is learnig everything very early.
My son rolled at 3.5 months and is now sitting up at 7 months and trying to crawl.
Hey Jackie,
Monique is 5 months old and just about sitting up on her own,she rolled at 3 months.
Talk soon mel

My son started sitting on his own at 5 months properly, and we started letting him stay in sitting position at about 3 1/2 months. Check with your MH nurse to see when it is safe to start letting him be in sitting position, some ppl told me 6 months (but I thought it was BS), others told me 4 months, but like your son, mine hated lying down so I felt he was ready to sit earlier.

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

My daughter was 4 months when she rolled and sat by herslef. I was told though that you should put them in a sitting position until they can get into it themselves. Oh well, I didn't follow that one, sitting my bub up made her the happiest girl in the world. Now she is 9 months and just wants to walk everywhere, what will be next!!!
Joshua started rolling tummy to back at 8 weeks, back to tummy at 4 months and is now starting to sit up at 4 1/2 months

Joshua born 10 April 05, Brodie Ann born 1 Nov 06

Sign in to follow this topic