Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

When to Turn baby Seat????? Lock Rss

My sont is 6mnths old and 8kgs. No Idea when I should turn his seat to face forward. Im so excited I want to do it now...but any help from ppl?
How old was your baby b4 you turned theirs?

mum to bayden 25/02/05

hi peter is now turned he loves it.
we were told when they get 8 - 9kgs but i have also been told hold off as long as possible!! we did it last month so when he was 7 months.

it would be good to hear what other mums have done too.

mum of peter 25/12/04

Kidsafe say 8kg - not before as thats the Australian Safety Standards. The new seats can keep them rear facing upto 12kg now. They are doing it because its so much safer for baby. One thing I learnt from Kidsafe is a seat needs to be replaced once 10 years old so be careful of second hand jobs. Some-thing about the plastic its made from becoming brittle and no longer meeting safety standards. Just thought that was interesting.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Robin Barker has a book 'Baby Love' and it says in there that they need to be 9kg OR 6 months OR 70 cms. I changed mine around when DD had good head control and put it on a slight angle (the seat has provision for this). She was about 4.5 months, 4.8kg and around 65cms. She was so much happier which makes for a happier driver - ME!

Hi,
We turned Mitchell around when he got to the weight (think it was 8 - 9 kilos) we got told as long as they are the weight and can support their head up if the car breaks quickly it's fine!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic