Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Eczema Rss

My baby boy developed eczema quite badly on his ears and groin at 5 weeks of age. I have been prescribed creams, however i would prefer a natural alternative. Do you have any recommendations? I currently use QV cream on his cheeks and have tried the QV Bath Oil but find that this irritates his skin in the bath. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

i ofund paw paw cream is fantastic.
i used the QV range on my little boy and it only "fed" the exzema and made it worse
try some paw paw, it got rid of my sons, ( he only has it mild now!)
I have been using 'Alpha Kerri' cream on my daughter...she doesn't get it bad but still gets it bad enough. I find this cream has been great and seems to work really fast on her.
I haven't tried this yet but am going too (I got some samples to try first). It's called 'Back to Nature Baby Balm'. It's a natural skin therapy and helps treat and heal nappy rash, and also relieves the symptoms of eczema, soothes, hydrates dry and damaged skin.
They sent me a letter saying it is found in some pharmacies and health food shops.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

If you want their website is www.aust-nat.com.au

They haver baby wash, lotions and all that.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

One of the babies in my mother's group suffers quite badly from eczema and her mum strongly recommends 'Aromababy' products as they are as organic as possible. Some chemists & specialty baby stores stock the products, including barrier creams, bath washes & moisturisers. The website is www.aromababy.com for more info. Hope this helps.
Hi! My little boy is 9 1/2 months old now, and 3 months ago I took him to the doctor with excema, School sores(yeah go figure...must have caught them from swimming???), and bad rashes in moist areas...ie under arms and in groin area. I was prescribed creams and decided that it really wasnt any good for him. I have since started on a range of baby products that have no toxins and no chemicals. Since starting these products I have had no rashes or excema. It cleared up almost overnight...Baby products and a lot of chemist products (I'm talking not in a health food store) have additives like SLS and Propylene Glycol. Propylene Glycol is anti freeze (so makes sense that it is not good for bubs skin) and SLS is a skin irritant. Mineral oils are also bad for the skin!! Check that your baby products have none of these. I was given a list of all the chemicals in baby products and what their effects are by my Naturopath. If you would like this list, please email me, and I will email it to you!! My email is:
lynpettitt@hotmail.com
I think it took a full week before the excema disappeared...but what a relief. I will NEVER go back to ordinary products for my little one. Cheap products, mean lots of problems for me!! I hope you are having some relief by now...good luck, you should find something that works well for you and your son.

Me, NSW & DS 22.12.04

Sign in to follow this topic