Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Blood in nappy Lock Rss

My daughter is 5 months old and I found a small bit of blood (red) in her nappy amongst her poo (sorry for the detail). She is breastfed. I know it's normal for newborn girls to have a bit of blood in their nappy, but what about at 5 months of age? She seems fine otherwise.

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Is she constipated? Sometimes the bowel can tear and blood can appear in the nappy...even a small tear.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hey carra
How are you going with your little girl.Have you taken her to the doctors yet if so how did it all go been thinking of you.Anyway hope all went well lets us know how you went.
mel

hey there im new at this but i was just scanning all the sites and i came acroos your worry. My boy is now 15 months and when he was 5 weeks he had the same thing. He was bottle fed from birth and his poos alwys appeared runny but we thought it was just normal as we didnt know any different. i took him to four different doctors and they did all the tests for baterial infection viral infections and so on and it all came back normal one even said there was no blood when you could plainy see it. In the end i just happened to mention it to child and youth health and they said as a lond shot to change his milk. I started him on soy based formula and within 12 hours the blood had gone. He obviously had a reaction to the milk that irritated his bowel lining so much it bled. I hope your daughter is as simple as this but i do understand how worried you would be. Good luck and keep us posted
Sign in to follow this topic