Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Constipation in breastfed baby

Constipation in breastfed baby Rss

My 5 month old daughter is a bit constipated. Her poo is loose (as she is breastfed), but sometimes it has a bit of blood in it. I'd rather not use suppositories or any kind of medication if I can help it. Does anyone know a natural method? I've heard of using prune juice, but my daughter is still exclusively breastfed and I don't know if I can give her juice when I haven't started any solids yet. Any ideas?

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Out of curiousity how frequently does she do a number 2? We were told breast fed baby's can go upto 5-6 days with out doing a poo and that frequency can change - so I've never thought twice about her habbits as such. I figure it would be good for me to know the signs of constipation as it can be uncomforatable for them right? Just like in us?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

My daughtrer is nearly 7 months and is breadstfed, she has been on solids for nearly 2 months but I have just started giving her 2 meals a day and since I started that she has been constipated, sometimes she will go a few times a day but they are like big marbles that are between firm and hard and part of it is quite dark colour (sorry if thats a bit graphic). I was wondering itf it could be the increase in solids, I am giving her the same food as before. I havnt seen her doing it yet so dont know if shes straining but she seems happy enough.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic