Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Eye Infection? Rss

My 6 month old bubby has had a watery eye for the last 6 weeks. Apart from being watery it doesnot look infected and it hasn't bothered her. A friends baby had a similar problem and it went away, so to date I haven't done anything about it.

However, in the last couple of days it has got alot worse and she has been rubbing it like mad. Around the eye is red (from rubbing) and very very dry. The white of the eye is a little red. She did have a cold last week which may have contributed to it getting worse. I am going to take her to her paediatrician this week if I can get in to see him.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their bub?

Thanks

Worried First Time Mum
My nephew has just been put on a course of antibiotics for conjunctivitis. His eyes were very red and itchy also puffy. My sis bought some drops from the pharmacy which seemed to aggravate the problem so took him to the doc who put him on the antibiotics. Cleared up within a few days.

Good Luck
Hi,
My hubby, last month had an eye that just wouldn't stop watering. He went to the docs and got some conjunctivitis eye drops, they didn't work, the doc prescribed antibiotic tablets and did a swab. It turned out to be a viral conjunctivitis (it ended up going away on its own). I would certianly be seeing someone, especially if it hasn't got better.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

hi,
both my sons had weepy eyes for a couple of weeks after they were born and it started to turn yellow. my gp told me when washing their face not to wash their eyes with the bath water. after bathing, clean their eyes with saline solution (salty water you can buy at the chemist) and cotton balls/tissues from inside to outside corner of eye. in a couple of days it went away. i never had a problem with it after that. or if you are still bf squirt some milk on their eye and apprently that helps too.

Amina, mum of 3 boys 06/03, 03/05, 06/08

Sign in to follow this topic