Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Babies and swimming pools

Babies and swimming pools Rss

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone can advise me on this. I'm keen to swim with my bub over at my parents' house - they have a chlorine & salt water pool. My bub is only 14 weeks so I would be with him at all times and would most likely not dunk his head under the water, but I was wondering if anyone knew if the mix of chlorine & salt water was ok for babies' skin? My dad makes sure the pool's PH balance is right etc, but I know babies have more sensitive skin than us so I didn't know if it would be too harsh for him. When I swim there the water doesn't hurt my eyes like a normal public pool would, so perhaps it's mild enough for a baby? If anyone could help out with this I would much appreciate it as summer has already hit Qld and I can't wait to hit the pool! 8)

Cheers

Tracy

Tracy, QLD, Nathaniel born 27 June 2005

I think it will depend on your baby, some are more sensitive than others. If you wash baby in fresh water straight after being in the pool and apply baby moisturiser (especially if he is prone to dry skin) you should be ok. Perhaps do a test run first to see if he reacts.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Sign in to follow this topic