Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. how do i clear my bubs nose???

how do i clear my bubs nose??? Rss

my daughter is asleep as we speak and the poor little bugger has a boogie/goober/conjestion. in her nose. it makes feel like i want to blow my nose. i tried to hold her over steam and i've put a bit of vicks on her singlet but its not helping. she needs to take in a deep breath through her nose or sneeze

HELP????

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Chelby, you can buy a 'boogie clearer' from Target. It's a lot like a mini turkey baster and you put it up their nose and suck out the boogies. I was given one as a gift when I had my son. I've never used it but the mum who gave it to me swore by it for her kids. Hope you can find one, if not let me know and I'd be glad to send you mine as my son is very lucky and we live in a warm climate.

My email address is nat_rab@yahoo.com
hi,

my son has had the same prob. You can buy a product from the chemist called narium nasal drops. It is used to clear and ublock nasal passages. And is totally safe for babies as it isn't medicated. It will make her sneeze.

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi

When my daughter was only about 2 months old she got a cold and the doctor gave us saline, we put a drop in each nostril and it made her sneeze the boogers out, als it stopped them from getting too thick, we did it 2-3 times a day.

She has just had a cold and we gave her dimatap for babies and it cleared up her runny nose overnight but the packet says to see a doctor first if baby is under 1 year. We also put a pillow under her mattress so she wasnt lying flat and that helped too.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

thank u everyone for your replies.

i got so anxious about trying to clear her nose, i ended up getting a fluffy bit ( u know the jackets u get with the fluffy cuffs and collars?) well anyway i tickled her nose with it a few times and she ended up sneezing it out. in the end i think it bugged me more than her.

thanks so much for offering to send me your Tanith its great to know there are still kind thoughful caring people left in this world. you are a rare one .
thanks again.
i'm going shopping on the weekend so if it happens again i'll be prepared.

Hi Chelby

I also bought an item called (Booga Sucker) which was in a little kit with other medical items.
The brand name is called Safety First and I bought it form Kmart

2 Under 1

Hi zacsmum
thanks for that. i didnt end up getting one yet. so i will know where to go now.

ive had so much stuuf to do lately that it slipped my mind.

i'm writing myself a reminder note , right now. smile

Sign in to follow this topic