Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

ear infection? Lock Rss

My bub is in her bed screaming her head off. She's been doing it for 2 days, and even when she's awake she's crying and constantly wanting me to pick her up, but then cries when I pick her up. She's also been off her food. She's also teething. She also has had a cold for just over a week, runny nose but no coughing.
What are the symptoms of an ear infection? I'm planning to take her to the doctor after her sleep (if she will stop screaming and have one!)
Thanks.

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

I'm sure you would have already taken her to the doctor so this message is probably too late - I hope she's OK. It's so horrible to see them in pain - especially if you don't know what's causing it. My son has had a couple of mild ear infections in the past and both after having colds. Both times he was a bit irritable mainly when I put him to bed - I think it must have hurt more when he laid down - the main reason I knew it was his ears though was that they were really smelly, especially after he had a bath or we'd been swimming. He also had a bit of a temperature. The doctor prescribed some drops for his ears and told me to give panandol for the pain and fever. He screamed when I first put the drops in, but they seemed to work really quickly as he was back to normal after the first dose. I hope she's feeling better soon smile

Take care
Jasmine
Sign in to follow this topic