Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. how do I clean his penis?

how do I clean his penis? Lock Rss

Hi people
Not sure if I sound silly but after having a girl what do I do with a boys bits? are you supost to pull the foreskin down, just wash it,?

Teeny 03.07.01and Jack 15.05.05

Hi Teenys Mummy,

It isn't a silly question, I had a boy for my first so the midwives had to show me too!

They said don't pull the foreskin back, just wash the area as if the foreskin isn't there. That is how I do it and my DS hasn't had any trouble at all. It will come back on it's own when it is supposed to, usually in the bath when your DS is playing with it! And he will!! My DS found his when he was 6 months old.
I didn't realise they started so young smile

I think it actually comes back between 12 months and 3 years old. Not sure exactly. Maybe you could ask your community nurse? If you find out when, can you let us know?

Hope this helped!

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

when i bath my son i just wash it with a washer and soap just like the rest of his body, you dont need to pull back the foreskin as this will hurt them.Hope this helps

ME25, DF28, DD 4, DS18 months

you just wipe over it and under it. dont pull forskin back. not sure what age you do but.
I think this is a little of personal choice. I was told by my pead that it is unneccessary to pull the foreskin down. Keep a watch on it to make sure it is not infected (red or inflammed) and just give the bits a good wash in the bath! It's funny, it is something we don't often discuss or think to ask our GP or CHN, but really is an important question.

Ange

Hi Teenys mummy
No need to pull the foreskin down (actually really recommended that you dont), just wipe all around it and lift it up so you make sure you get underneath where the penis joins the sack (sorry TMI) and wipe underneath the sack where the skin then goes down to the bum (as wee and poo like to hide in here)
Hope this helps

Mummy to Joe and Maggie

Sign in to follow this topic