My little 4 month old son has reflux and I was wondering a few things, that I'm sure those of you who have been through this, will be able to help me. His doctor has just put him on Zantac, 1ml twice a day.
1. Did you have heartburn or reflux during pregnancy? I had heartburn towards the end of my pregnancy...actually with all 3 of my pregnancies but only one baby with reflux. Would love to know if this seems relevant or common.
2. Also, do or did your children have dummies whilst suffering reflux? Did you find that it helped? I have just taken Lachlan off the dummy as he was so reliant on it that we were up all night putting it back in, but I was wondering if they help with reflux. He seems to vomit a bit more without it and I'm wondering do I give it back to him or leave him off it......If it gives him some relief, then I don't mind him having it....I'm so confused!!
3. For those who go to the chiropractor....Is the chiropractor costly and how many times do you go? Is it something that you have to keep going to into toddlerhood?
4. Did you have any problems with solids? Lachlan loves his food but does bring it up again.
5. Did you give them water....Lachie won't tolerate water or juice at all....comes straight back up.
I know thats a lot of questions but please excuse my ignorance. I have 3 boys, one with autism, and I've never had to deal with reflux. Would dearly love to help our little guy with this as much as possible.