Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. constipation and silver beet!!!

constipation and silver beet!!! Lock Rss

Recently on my trip to nz to see the family, my mum mentioned that if your baby if gets constipated, that all you should do is cook up some silver beet and add it to there food, and it works REALLY well, very quick. I was just wondering if this is true, if anyone has tried it or heard of this before? My daughter is 7 mths and she has been on bottle for 6 mths, she has never had a running poo, they are always very hard, and she looks like her head is about to pop off, so i was thinking of trying abit to see if it makes a difference. So if anyone has been told this before please let me know. cheers.

Colleen, Redcliff,Ashlyn born 10.04.05

Hey there, I read somewhere that you aren't meant to give babies spinach until they are older (i think it said 12 mths) as it has some kind of acid in it that they cant digest well. I'm sorry I can't remember whcih book but it was def either Baby Love or What to Expect in the First Year ... I think it was the latter ... I reckon give her more pears and you could try something from the chemist like Coloxyl. Also, warm water helps.

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Hey...i tried brown sugar and water on my girl this morning and within 10 minutes of drinking some she had a poop!!! Yahoo!!!

Kelly (23) Brisbane, mum to Tahlia 11months

Sign in to follow this topic