Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Yellow skin Lock Rss

Hi....
We recently noticed our daughters palms and soles are yellow. After taking her to the doctor, the doctor decided to do blood tests to see what's wrong and we are still waiting for the results. We've been researching on carotenemia and have a feeling she may have this because for the last 6 months, she's been eating sweet potato and pumpkin as she hard reactions to a lot of the other food we introduced to her (due to excema).

Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if anyone knows about this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Prasangi

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

Hello.
one of the ECHN's mentioned to our mums group that if you feed too many yellow/orange vegetables your babies nose might go yellow.
thats the only thing i have heard about (apart from jaundice) that might make your child yellow.
Have you got the results back yet? what happened?

Fiona
Hi Prasangi
In my case it's definitely the orange vegies - and for the same reasons as you - eczema! I wouldn't worry about it (I don't). My CHN took one look at Ella and asked "Are you feeding her a lot of orange vegetables?". But she does also have loads of other vegies - she just loves vegies and not really into fruit, hates cheese too, doesn't like white potato that much and no avocado, so i mean what else is there? Pumpkin is one of those things that goes well with other vegies like beans, which i wouldn't really want to serve up on it's own as the texture is not great.

I find with Ella that she looks extra orange on all the spots where her eczema is bad as the dry scabby bits go more orangy.
Anyway, hope this reassures you - i don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Sign in to follow this topic