Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

ear piercing Lock Rss

Does anyone have any views on ear piercing babies? My little girl is almost 4 months old and i'd like to get her ears pierced but my partner is against the idea. Help Please! Is it cruel?

Melissa, NSW, 14 month old bubs

This will be a very interesting topic as some strong views out there. I don't think its cruel, like most things with babies from what they wear to what they eat, its totally up to the parents.

We decided to let our DD decide if/when she wants her ears pierced. A friend did this with her DD who started 'nagging' in about year 2 of school. I was quite impressed with how this mum handled it - one of those moments you tuck away in the memory bank.

My hubby is similar to yours - dead set against it. I was open minded, but happy to compromise. Best of luck - if you do get it done, I'm sure your DD will look just beautiful.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Check if you know of a place who wil do it first as I heard that a lot of places won't pierce a child's ears till they are much older!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi all...
my bub it 8 months and I want to get her ears pierced...but her father won't let me. His view is that she is way too young to have them done and there is no way that I am getting them done. My view is that she won't remeber the pain of it I get them done now. What does everyone else think?

Kelly (23) Brisbane, mum to Tahlia 11months

My husband and I had our daughters ears done a couple of weeks ago. She is 6 months and cried for about 40 seconds. It was just the noise that startled her and after getting big kisses and cuddles she was ok. They did both ears at once and used special baby earrings.

My husband had his ear done so he would understand what our daughter was going through. We have had no problems with her ears (or my husbands!). We have been spraying them a few times a day and turning them all the time. Our doughter does not touch or play with them. I do not think she realises that they are there!

When we were getting them done there was a little girl before us who was about 2 and would not let anyone near her ears. She didn't let them near her to even put a texta mark on her lobe.

The lady doing the piercing said to me that in her opinion and experience it is best to get them done about the 5 - 7 month mark as they do not know what is going on.

My sisters and I had all ours done around the 6 month mark and we have no recollections of it happening.

However ...... it is 'horses for courses'.

Is it cruel? I personally do not think so nor does my husband and countless others out there who have had or get their childrens ears pierced.

Natalie, NSW, DD 05/05, DD 08/06, DD 09/07 #4 Due

Hi Melissa,

Ashley is 4 1/2 months old & I just got her ears pierced last week. I was hesitant at first but did it anyway and yes it wasn't that bad. She just had a scream when it happend and was fine straight after. She cries as much as having her vac. Only thing I find is caring for it afterwards as sometimes worry that it might hurt her at certain ways I carry her.

Ashley Baby

Sign in to follow this topic