Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Constipation & Teething?

Constipation & Teething? Lock Rss

Hi all,

My girl seems to be teething but she is also terribly contipated! I have been giving her heaps of fluids, but she is still straining and bleeding plus screaming! I have used the sugar in the water and it gets her going only it doesn't soften her poos...is there anything, prefferably not medication to help soften them? And fast?

I found my first 2 whenever they teethed their poos got runny and burnt...it appears to me that my bub is the opposite but still seems to get a burnt bum...do you know if teething can cause constipation too? How did you manage it?

I am desparate for some advice as I can't stand seeing bub in so much pain...especially at midnight (last night)!

Thanks in advance.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

hi there

whenever my little boy gets constipated i give him pureed pears, works like a treat and works really fast too!
hope this helps
I tried the sugar water - no help either. My DD always has pear in the mornings which helps to balance out the other solids. I puree'd prunes when first starting solids as that rice ceral clogged my DD up for 5 whole days (poor thing). Worked like a charm. I now eat some licorice each day which helps. Its been pretty hard balancing both our diets to keep things moving.

I found the opposite in that DD gets more runny poo with teething rather than constipation. Probably different for each bubba though.

Best of luck. The bleeding thing kind of worry's me a bit - obviously she is straining hard so might want to see a GP or Chemist and do the 'drops' (medication) thing just to stop that.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic