Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Breech baby Lock Rss

Hi I am the first-time Mum to a almost 4-month old baby. He was born via C-section and the operation was the most awful experience in my life. It could have been avoided if the midwife had not missed the breech position during antenatal check-ups. I was scheduled to have an induction, imagine my shock when I found out that my baby is breech, just the day before the induction!!! Is there anyone with this kind of experience?

NSW

Hi Jona - how are things 4 months after your awful experience? I bet you were in shock - you poor bugger. I am suprised your midwife missed it, mind you like any-thing, there are some good ones and bad ones. I would love to hear more about your experience if your happy to share.

I was a little luckier in that by DD turned breech at 37 weeks - little humbug. I was booked in for a c-section a week later so had some time to get my head around it. It was the one appointment my DH didn't come to so quite stressful. I was not expecting it at all so hadn't spent any time reading up on it.

It was too late to try a manual turn although we could have tried, but the hospital had never had a success this late in a pregnancy. The risks were a bit to scary for my liking so surgery was the best option. We could have tried a natural birth but finding a Doctor to do it is pretty tough.

Looking back I was lucky that it all went pretty well and we have a very healthy and happy DD now.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

yup!!!
i know the feeling.
My baby was breech and i went in to be induced and was in having contractions for 6hours. i decided to have a shower through all this huffing and puffing and as i went to get up bubby had done a poo! they did a last minute ultrasound and told me i had to have a C-section immediatly!

ARGH the one thing i didnt want was a c-section along with a cathader! GRRRR.... aw well, he here now and all is forgotten but i wish i didnt have a c-section sad

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic