Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

ear infection??? Lock Rss

Hi all,

Well I'm not too sure about this one, my 10 month old has been rubbing and pulling her ear I had a look and its a bit waxy so I was thinking maybe infection but it hasnt been affecting her eating and sleeping and she is a happy wee girl.
Maybe its a tired thing, I dont know, I didnt want to take her to the doctor incase its nothing as it doesnt bother her (I dont think it does).

any suggestions
Does anyone elses baby rub and pull their ear when they're tired.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

hi there,
when brocky was 3mths old he had an ear infection.at that time i was teaching him to self settle,it said one of the signs were pulling at ear.brocky was doing this for a few days nd thought not alot of it as like your little one he was fine.when cleaning his ear next day found it very waxy.went to doctor straight away and he had a serious ear infection.appartently babies ear canals are alot shorter so more prone to infections,not always from water.just had ear drops for 2 weeks and cleared up fine.he is doing this again as teething,it is hard to tell sometimes.i would go to doctor but if waxy like you said.hope all is fine.seeya

maree and brock the rock
Sometimes it can be hard to tell cos symptoms are not all that clear cut - ear rubbing is one, but a high temp is a give away as is grizzly behaviour, not eating. If at all unsure go to the Dr to get it checked, is peace of mind if nothing else!

Hope all is well.....

SA mum, Lis 17/6/00 and Harry 19/6/05

I'd get it checked!! My DS never tells me he has ear infections till they are bad! So get it checked as you don't want any damage done to her ear!!!

Hope all goes well.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic