Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Pneumococcal Vaccination

Pneumococcal Vaccination Lock Rss


Good on you Lily and Bron, for getting it done now! I am still 50/50 as to what to do! Great to hear Lily that your littly was fine afterwards.

Michelle, maybe it was those signatures we put on the petition that helped. smile


DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi everyone,

My 2 kidlets had theirs last Monday. My daughter had no reaction at all, only beforehand though(she's 3.5!!!! You can imagine) but my 15 month old son didn't agree at all. He was extremely restless for about 5 days after his & has since developed bronchitis & ear infections!! I don't really think they are related to the injection though, it's just happened that way. He still needs to have another one in 2 months, so we'll see how he copes then. Yes it is expensive but well worth it when you consider the flip side!!!

Hope you are all well.....


Michelle - Mum to 2


Thanks to the mummies who have posted back about the reactions. I appreciate it. smile

I have decided to wait till next year, when the government funding comes in. Too many $$$'s for me after my numerous Dr appointments.

Good luck with your next lot of shots,


DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

What agreat post everyone,
When I first heard it was going to be funded I wasn't sure wheher or not to wait but I spoke to my health nurse and she said just to wait it out.
So we'll see what happens then.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

i have not had my sons done but am thinkiing about it . i have a freiend in hospital with it . appently she was very sick with flu type symptoms & wnt to hospital where she collapsed into a coma& was airlifeted to another bigger hospital she was in a coma about 5 days it has affected all her organs & she is very weak & will be for months. i am planning to visit her today if she is weel enough 4 visitors

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14


i have my daughter on the council program. she is due for her 4 months shots next week, and we are getting the Prevenar for her as well....

has anyones bubs had this vaccine with all the others at the same time....???

instead of 2 injections she will have 3.... thats what i am worried about!

how did your bub react to 3 shots??

Nicki''s Mum, NSW

Hi Annette,

My son just had 3 shots for his 12 month ones, he also had the meningecoccal one. We were fortunate enough to have a nurse help the Dr, so 2 were given together, and the 3rd asap that the Dr could give it to him.

This was great for us, as he was only held down for about 30 secs maximum and it was all over! Maybe you could suggest this to your Dr.

Take care,


DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Annette,

My little girl had the prevenar at 2 months, 4 months and 6 months, so I think she had 3 needles her first time. She didn't have a reaction to it though. Isn't it terrible? Can you imagine going to the doctor and getting 3 needles all in one go? If it were for myself, I'd probably span it over a period of time! Our poor little babies!


Mummy of 2 little angels. 6/6/03 & 3/8/05 & No 3

Sign in to follow this topic