Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Baby whingeathon Rss

This may not sound very nice bit my 8 and a half month old boy whinges constantly. He is teething and whinges as Im giving him his breakfast then shortley after tummy time whinges again then shortley after sit up time with toys whinges again. Then I run out of things to amuse him. He cant crawl yet can sit up on his own. I find I have to give him a dummy ( whinge plug ) otherwise I cant hear the TV. Also in order to keep him quiet I have to go out like walking or the shops etc. I feel Im constantly trying to control/amusing or am I just missing the point with the fact he is frustrated or bored etc. He is a gorgeous baby boy with a great sense of humour albeit a bit shy but can someone please tell me their baby is doing the same thing!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

You are not alone... the only difference is my daughter is 17 months old and doing the winge thing... it drives me insane! She has about 4 or 5 teeth coming through at the moment - the big molar ones, and I can imagine it does hurt quiet a bit. I try to be patient and understanding. I provide cold drinks and foods to help her gums and do my best to keep her occuppied... but I totally understand what you mean!

Rest assured this phase will pass - and remember there is always Panadol for your baby's discomfort when teething... I use it as a alst resort!

Goodluck.
Hi, my bub is a bit of a whinger-i think they all are to some extent-i cope better with the whinging if i'm on top form myself otherwise as like maddychelle, it drives me insane. I always blame it on teeth but we havn't had any more through as yet....who knows....perhaps it's one of those inbuilt baby things that babies do???

I'm going to write a book about how to look after/bring babies up and guess what ? all the pages will be BLANK!!!!! HAHA
Jo

mum of 1

Hi mums,

I have a 13 month old son & he is whingeing alot at the moment, probably the last 4 weeks. I can't blame teeth cos there are none coming thru at the moment. I think his problem is he is at the frustrated stage where he is really trying to do alot more different things now & sometimes he can't.

I'm glad to read i'm not the only one witha whinger........but we do love them so!!!!!

Bye

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Michy. Is your baby walking yet? Mine isnt crawling even so maybe it is that. But no one else seems to have the same problem as Ive hardly had any responses. But thanks for your input.

Hi jz

My baby also whinges and it started around 6 months of age. She is 7 months and I have began to work out whether it is teeth or that she is wanting cuddles/picking up by mum!

I was finding it hard to get things done around the house as I felt I had to constantly amuse her. What I do now when I need to do housework is take her from room to room with me, surround her with a few different toys and pretend I am ignoring her attention whinges. After a minute she realises I am busy and happily plays by herself.

Sometimes I think they whinge out of boredom, alternating toys can sometimes work.

Good Luck

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi JZ

You are not alone
My son is 7 months and he has got winging down to a fine art. I think his teeth are the biggest reason and the fact that he now crawls and pulls himself up onto things and gets stuck.
The worst is when he grabs hold of my ankles and won't let go. I love him to bits but sometimes he drives me crazy!!

I've also found changing rooms helps or going for a short walk.
Today was the worse as my husband is away and Hamish was wingeing big time and I was about to blow, when I thought stuff it and got down and played with him. The house work can wait for tomorrow after all it will be me that will be winging in a couple of years sayine that "they grow up to fast and he doesn't want to spend time with mum anymore".

The result a happier little boy and lots of giggles.

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

My daughter Lisa is exactly the same. I will get maybe 5 mins before she's whinging. I try to think of it as communicating as they are very limited in ways to get their message through. ( sorry, just been watching John Edwards hehe) A bit of a pain, but Im told it will pass when they get more mobile.

jo77 - I can totally relate to your book, Ive said right from the start, I need a manual. Now if only all babies were the same...

Pamela, SA, mum to Lisa 23.10.03

Tineka I just cracked up laughing at your post. You are totally right about playing with him. I think if you cant shut him up just play with him and we both feel better. Where in NZ are you from?. My husband is from Wellington. We visited NZ last december and it was very nice.

Hello All,

My little man has just gone on to being seven months old.......and BOY DOES HE WHINGE!!!!! My hubby and I are tearing our hair out somedays. We blame most of it on the teeth.....his first one has just popped through. We also find that a change of scenery does the trick. He also loves sitting on top of my hubby's shoulders so he can see all the world from a different angle, but more importantly, so he can pull his hair! Don't worry JZ, you are not alone. Hopefully they will grow out of it, but if not....ignore and they do get the message that they can play all by themselves whilst mummy or daddy are busy.

Rebecca

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

Hi JZ,

Sorry, i have only just found this post that you replied to!!! Yes my boy walked at 9.5 months!!! Thats why I think he was whingeing cos he wants to do new things & he gets frustrated. Over the last week though he has been FANTASTIC!! I have taken him off dairy products, (now on soy) due to constant colds & chest infections & SNOT everywhere(sorry about that one!!!) & i really think it has helped his whole attitude. Judgeing from the responses you have received, it's glad to know your not the only one with a whinger!!!
Good luck & I hope things improve for you.

Michelle - Mum to 2

All these whingers. I don't know if its comforting to know that all you other mums have to put up with as well. I certainly feel for you.
My 8 month old is always much worse when we've had visitors to fuss over him.
Mondays are my worst day as he has had dad and his brother and sister fussing over him all weekend and then it's like bang, you're stuck with mum and I'm trying to do housework
Sign in to follow this topic