Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Croup Rss

Hi My little 5 month old boy michael has croup
he is the worsed at night i was just wondering if any
mums out there have had there little ones with croup. I find it really hard to keep michael settled
during the day when his awake, has anyone got any ideas or have done things to keep them more carm. We went to my doctor she was great she gave me something for the croup and also this great stuff called PAINSTOP for night time its great
helpedhim sleepbetter she told me its a must have for any pain. It is just hard during the day when hes awake poor thing is not happy, so any ideas would be great. I hate seeing
him so upset.

Mary B

Michael, Vic, Born 11-12-03

hi Mary,

I have 3 kids and at the moment 2 of them have crooup. My eldest one who is 7 and my youngest who is 7 months. Painstop is fabulous! I have been giving the nighttime one before bed and then the daytime one in the morning to get them through the day. I checked with my doctor for the dosages.

Lots of cuddles and iceblocks are the only other thing I'm doing at the moment. Its tough and I really feel for the little guys.

Hang in there and goodluck

Natalie
Hi Natalie
Thanks for relping yes it is tough poor little things
its michaels second week now not much better
painstop is graet at night . what have you been using during the day ? is there a day time one

hope your little ones get better soon

mary b

Hi,

Sorry about the long awaited reply!

I use daytime painstop during the day. It is available now over the counter at the chemist. Its the same thing but without the antihistimine so its non drowsy.

The boys are finally getting better if not a little bit raspy in the chest. Taking them back to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully things are looking up. Croup is really aweful and as this is the first time we've ever experienced it, it has taken me by surprise. Will have to do some homework to find out if its preventable. I don't really know much about it. Hopefully it won't be a recurring thing in the future.

I hope things are looking better in your household and your little guy is getting better.

Goodluck

Nat
Hi Nat

Glad your little ones are getting better i will try the painstop during the day see how it goes. I as well dont know much about croup either only as you say it is aweful. Michael still has it not as bad but has that noise in the chest went to the doctors told us that sometimes it can last for weeks

All we can do is give lots of cuddles.

Good luck with you too

Mary B

My little girl is just trying to get over croup now! She hasn't been sleeping real well as as soon as she falls asleep she has to cough and it wakes her up. The doc told us to put a vaporiser on at night while she sleeps to moisten the air and it is really working as she has been sleeping better and her cough is slowly going!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic