Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. dragging left foot while walking

dragging left foot while walking Rss

Hi,
My girl has been walking for about a month now and I just noticed she drags her left leg behind and walks with her feet pointing out. It seems to be getting worse. I have got appointments with both doc and chiro next week.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
I used to suffer from pidgeon toe really bad, but she's completely the opposite. I keep imagining she'll have to be in stirrup's or something.
She's never had anything wrong besides the odd cold, so my mind is running away from me on this one.
Thanx

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

dont think the worst.

you are going to the docs to get her checked ,
i used to have a friend and her son used to lay on his back, then lift himself off the floor with his head and feet on the floor and push himself around on his head,( not sure if you can picture this motion) and when he did this, and because he did it all the time, when he started to walk his feet were all wrong and he would shuffle rather than walk. pretty much dragged both feet. it took about 3mths fo rhim to use his feet properly, and his mum , unlike you, she didnt really care enough to take him to the doctors ,, but when he started to run he had to have a bit of physio on his ankles cause he kept tripping over his toes,(his grandma was the one who helped him,poor little bugger)
but hes now 12 a fully normal.

to cut a long story short. dont get overly worried everything his treatable these days
smile take care...chelle

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic