Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Stork Marks Rss

Hi there
My DD was born with stork marks on her eyelids, nose, forehead & on the nape of her neck (on every part that they do appear from what I have read). It doesn't worry me as I think they make her look cute & now as they seem to be fading alot & at times are hardly noticeable but I was wondering if any other babies born with them if I could know when they fade or how long they took to disappear, do they disappear or just fade alot?
It seems to be one of those things that not alot of info is around on them like why they happen, how they happen & when they disappear???
Thanks

Kristy, QLD, 4yr old Olivia & 4mth old Charlotte

What are stork marks? DD had a big red birth mark on her face - is that what you are referring too? It has faded now, thankfully, although it does show up when she is crying or pushing out a poo - LOL. She has another bigger one on her back, above her bum crack (about the size of my fist). It seems to get redder some days, and fade the next - very odd. I don't think it is ever going to go away though.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

My Lillie has them on the back of her neck,just under the hairline.
She wasn't born with them,though they are here now but have faded ALOT,
im pretty sure they will fade away sad

xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

My 9 month old son was born with quite a large stark mark. He has it on his forehead and eyelids. It runs in our family, my 23 year old cousin and my 9 year old brother both have them.
They have faded now, but when they get upset, they reappear.
I think it is quite cute!
I was told by someone at one stage that these were caused by being squeezed through the birth canal but this couldn't be right as i had a caeser!

Justine, Vic, Logan 22nd July 2005 @ 33 weeks

Sign in to follow this topic