Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

CRADLE CAP Lock Rss

WHO CAN HELP WITH THIS
MY DAUGHTER HAS IT VERY BAD I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM OILS ,VASILENE,CREAMS YOU NAME IT.
SHE WAS BORN WITH A HEAD OF HAIR BUT WHEN I COMBED IT OUT HER HAIR CAME WITH IT

ITS SEEMS SO STUBBORN

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hey Mimmy

My little had cradle cap. She also lost her beautiful hair as well. We stopped using Johnson and Johnson baby head to toe and switched to Alpha Keri body wash. Also we used olive oil on her head at every nappy change. It cleared up within 2days. J&J products are supposed be ph balanced and they aren't so if you are using the J&J products they sometimes can be the main cause. Really massage the oil in. It can be very messy but worth it

Hope that helps
Carmy

DD 15mth old Munchkin Qld

Hi Mimmy

My little Millicent was born with a head of hair also. Fortunatly she still has it and it is growing like wild fire. At the first sign of cradle cap I used AVENT MASSAGE OIL. Also AVENT SHOWER AND BATH GEL. I swear by it. The oil is actually used to treat cradle cap. I found J&J to be too drying for her sensitive head.

Give it a go! It's a bit costly but well worth it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hope

Hope, SA, 3girls Jasmine , Millicent & Phoebe

Kalani had really stubborn cradle cap, but I just use plain organic olive oil and it works so well, everything else just makes it worse. But make sure you apply it everyday and the cradle cap will be gone in a few weeks.
hope this helps:)

jade,wa, 51/2mth baby kalani

Hi mimmy,
We tried the olive oil, massage oil, sorbeline, ect. You name it we tried it. Then i was told about EGOZITE cradle cap lotion. Ok it is a bit stronger and you do have to be a bit careful with it. You pop it in their hair, on the cradle cap, says just the crusts but we got callums head a little and there was no problem, and do it twice a day for 3-5 days. Now her hair will look oily, but this stuff is great. Does not rub off onto anything. After the 3-5 days wash out as normal and using a baby brush, or just a face cloth when you wash her hair the crusts should come off over the next couple of days. Callum did not have alot of hair so his was really noticable, but a baby in my mums group had heaps and she used it to. We both swear by it.

I got if freom my chemist, and it costs around $10. Hope this helps.
xxx

Jodie, mum to callum-10.8.05 & matthew-1.03.07

Sign in to follow this topic