Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Hyperactive?? Rss

Hi Mums
I just wanted some opinions from other mums before i take my baby to the doctor, because she seems to be hyperactive lately. I dont just mean active and playful, it seems different to her normal behaviour. Firstly, she catnaps during the day which i know can not be helping.She will sleep for about 20 to 30 mins at a time, and stays awake for about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. I have tried to get her to sleep longer(have been trying for 7 months now!) but it never works so i have given up on that. Lately she thrashes her head from side to side and waves her arms and legs about furiously (whether its sleep or play time). Its also really hard to distract her when she is like this. I am wondering if babies can get hyperactive? Or do you think she is just really tired because she catnaps? Any thoughts appreciated.She has just turned 7 months.
Hi Lovely Lara,

Once again, i have no real answers....... let's just hope it's another stage!

Have you introduced anything different into her diet??

Thinking of you, and hope you get a better reply than mine,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe

Thanks for the post. I havent really introduced anything different in her diet(that i can think of!).
Hopefully youre right and its just a stage.
Guess i am just a little worried, but its probably nothing serious
Lara
Hi Lara,

Could she be teething?? I know my kids go off colour when they start coming thru......

Just another thought,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Lara,

Just read your post & thought i'd let you know this happened to my son about a month ago(he's 15 months). He seemed really irritated & was crashing into things, hitting mum & dad, just being down right "silly" i spose. He was also grizzling alot too at the time. I thought it was teeth but after 3 days i took him to the docs & he had an ear infection in both ears!!! Any wonder he was irritated the doc said.

Anyway, I hope your little girl is either feeling better or past this "stage"(if thats what it was). It's so hard to know what to do when they can't tell you what the problem is.

Hope you get it sorted.

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

HI Tepe

Tayla has cut through her first two teeth just recently, but i cant see anymore on the way at the moment. I really think she is just tired/overstimulated because she sleeps so little. I just cant wait for these catnapping days to be over! Im so tired.Boo hoo whinge whinge
Hi Michy

Thanks for the post . I will get the doctor to have a look at Tayla's ears just incase there is a problem there.
Cheers
Sign in to follow this topic