Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Teething Lock Rss

Hi All,

This is a question more out of curiosity. My DD is now 7mth but had been having some teething symptoms since about 5.5mths. She has had the grizzling, red & swollen cheeks, had a 3 day temperature and then had an all over body rash. She chomps away and grinds her gums all the time. Some days are worse than others. I give her teething rings and rusks as mum said it will toughen her gums in preparation for the teeth. Her gums are white which made me think they weren't far away but it just seems to be taking so long and i was wondering what sort of time frames other babies had when getting their first tooth?

Hi,
I was concerned about my daughter when she was 3 months old. Took her to the doc, she said that she was teething as her gums were swollen.

7 MONTHS later out pops tooth number 1!!!
my bub started to teeth the other week,showed all the signs as your dd does,but when i rub her gum i can't even feel a tooth let alone see one,so who knows how long it will take
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi,

Don't worry, teething can take as little as a few days or a few months when they start to show signs their little pearly whites are about to erupt. They will come out when they are ready to. Try giving her an icecube which has been crushed into icechips in a flannel for your little one to suck on as it will provide some relief to her poor sore gums. My little one got her first two bottom teeth at 14 weeks and then just 2 weeks ago got x4 top teeth at once! (she was nearly 6 months when the top teeth came). Not a fun time for baby or parents but the more they get the better you will be at it to relieve the symptoms! good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic