Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Colds Rss

Hello

Our 14 month old was up till about 2am last night as he has a cold blocked nose and cough

He had a cold a while ago and got over it with us just giving him nurofen/panadol I was just wondering if it might be a good idea to buy a vapouriser has anyone had any experience with them?

Definetely if he doesn't improve in the next few days I will take him to get antibotics but since he is pretty good during the day I am trying to avoid it at the moment

thanks everyone

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melly,

Maybe you could try the Fess nasal spray, from the chemist. It was recommended to me here, when my son had a runny nose. It is suppose to help unblock it. I never ended up needing it, so am only passing on advice!

Another thing you could try is demazin or dimetab, they help dry up runny noses and help them to sleep better.

Goodluck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Melis, I try to avoid antibiotics when it comes to my 12 month old son. As I believe they lower the immune systems ability to fight of infection naturally. We try everything natural first and thank god we haven't had to use antibiotics. I guess it helps when our Dr. is into alternative treatments and doesn't prescribe antibiotics at the drop of a hat.
We purchased a vapourisers several months ago and have found it to be the best investment when it comes to my families health. Used with the menthol oil it works a treat and clears the nose in a matter of 1/2 hour. It also seems to help get rid of the cold quicker.(sound like an ad...lol) Make sure you get the tablets that go into the water, i think they help prevent bacteria etc.
Goodluck I hope I've helped.
Cheers!
Hello

thanks everyone for your assistance, I ended up buying a vicks cool mist vapouriser and dimmetapp so hopefully fingers crossed our little boy will sleep through

thank you so much for your assistance

bye

melly

Goodluck Melly,

I hope this does the trick for you!

Keep us updated if you get time,

Tepe

Hello

if anyone doesn't have a vapouriser I definitely recommend you go and buy one!

We put the vapouriser on last night and gave our little boy dimetapp and he slept from 6.20pm till 7.40am this morning

He definitely seems like is getting better

so thanks again everyone for your help

bye bye now

melly

Hi Melis

Glad to hear the vapouriser worked so well for you. Can i ask which one you bought and how much it was as I am interested in getting one myself?

Thanks.
M2G

BTW I have used the Fess Little Noses nasal spray when my little girl had a blocked nose and it worked really well.

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi Guys,

When my little man had a cold, we gave him pamol and also used a saline solution to unblock his nose. Apparently the saline helps dissolve the mucous, and gets them to sneeze it all out.
Just thought I'd mention it

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

Hello Lili

We brought the vicks one its a cool mist vapouriser and it was $80 well worth it though

the dimetapp is clearing my little boys nose up very well to

bye

melly

Hi Melly,

That's great news! smile I am so glad he is getting better without antibiotics.

Dimetapp is great, it has helped us at times!

Take care,

Tepe

try the fess & dimetap use a vapuriser or see the doc you might need to hire a nebuliser if it gets worse

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

where would i get the cool mist vaporiser from? my son is prone to getting colds

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Sign in to follow this topic