Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

separation anxiety Rss

HI Everyone
I have a little boy michael he is 8 1\2 months old
and the last 3 weeks has been a nightmare to put down for sleeps day or night he cries the moment i leave the room. He also has Asthma\Bronchitis
which hasnt helped either. I was just wondering how long does it last for and any advice on how to get through it would be great. We have been doing the let him cry 2 mins go in and so on but he gets so worked up.

Thanks Mary B

Michael, Vic, Born 11-12-03

I think it varies on the length depending on how you handle it and the baby!

I foudn with my 2 I just put up with it and it settleed down in about a month. I tried the let them cry thing and all that got me was more work...both my kids would vomit so then I would have to clean up and have a baby who was so worked up it took forever to settle them!

I just tried this with my 11month old daughter and found it worked well! I would put an item of my clothing in the cot then layed her down on it at night when she was sleepy and I think having my smell there helped her settle! I haveno trouble putting her down at bed time now...she still gets a bit upset if I leave her sight...but at least it's not all the time!

Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi thank you for your reply we have tried putting
clothing in his bed but it didnt work for michael
i am glad it worked for you. I just hope it dosent last
much longer i dont know what else try.

Thankyou
Mary B

i started to leave the light on for my dd and also bought a cd called music for dreaming and i turn it up to a medium volume so it is about the same level as her cry and it seems to distract her and eventually she goes to sleep.
always with a bit of crying 1st tho

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi chelby
just to let you know i brought the cd it has workedreally well i put it on when i leave the room it seems to settle him when he cries he is going much better which is great

Thank you for your input

MaryB

Hi Mary.
I'm glad to hear things have settled for you. smile .

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic