Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Strawberry Haemangioma birth marks

Strawberry Haemangioma birth marks Lock Rss

my DS2 has one on his cheek that got to the size of a 5 cent coin and was bright red and raised. since he turned 2, it has stopped growing and started shrinking and fading. hes now 7 and you can barely see it.
DD is 5 weeks old and she has one on the back of her head in the exact same spot as her cousin. its barely noticeable though

My DD#1 was born with one about 50cent size on her upper back in the middle of her shoulder blades. She is now 5 1/2 yrs and it is still there but it has faded alot and gone down in thickness, but still very obvious. When she was first born I was a bit upset about it but now I dont even see it... often friends and family comment on it fading etc and I realise that I wouldnt even know as I dont see it when I look at her. Before she went to preschool we showed it to her in a mirror as we wanted her to be prepared if any of the kids said something to her... she thought it was great, a really pretty colour!!! We told her that the day she was born the angels visited her as she was so special and when they kissed her it left a mark. She calls it her angels kiss! I personally would never remove/treat it unless at an older age she requests it.

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

DS1 has one on his lower leg. It got to the size of a 20 cent piece and was raised by a couple of mm. He's not almost two and it's the size of a 10 cent piece and is flat and no where near as red as what it was.

I've been told that it should disapear by the age of 5
Hi,
My daughter has a large strawberry birthmark which covers her hand as well as two small ones on her right temple. Initally the nurses and doctor thought the one on her hand was broken capillaries from sucking her hand in the womb. We have been told that her birthmark will get larger brighter and more raise over the next year (she is 3 months old) and will then gradually fade to be almost gone by the time she is four.

I believe there are a number of different types of birthmarks some which can cause problems so get your GP or health care nurse to have a look, many of them have fact sheets too.

Hope you get all the answers you need.

Leah
hey there my 2 1/2 yr old daughter has a strawberry birthmark on her thigh was scary at first as it grew so fast. It gets brighter and bigger as time goes on but now at nearly 2 1/2 its just about gone. just faint red marks.

mermaidx3 I love your explanation to your DD that her strawberry mark is an angel kiss!! I will use that one if my DD still has hers when shes older!! LOL

My 3yr old had 4. The 3 smaller ones faded away before he was 2 the larger one that is on top of his shoulder is almost completly gone, it is no longer raised and you can only just see it..my baby who is nearly 4mths old has 2 very small ones. yet my oldest son (7 years) had none. A lot of people would see it and be like Whats that, I even had doctors question me about it.
my 3 month old babygirl has one on her left eye too.
My DD has 1 under her right nostral. It didn't show up until she was about 5 weeks old. At 1st i thought it was part of her baby acne but then it didn't clear up with the baby acne. When i asked about it i was then told what it was & that it should dissapear by the time she's 1yrs old. I was told to keep an eye on it as they can form their own blood supply.

DD is 10.5 months old now & i started noticing it slowly shrinking from about 8 months old. It's getting lighter in colour & it's not as wide as her nostral now.

Sign in to follow this topic