Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. tounge tie...to snip or not to snip.

tounge tie...to snip or not to snip. Rss

Hi all, my 10 month boy has a tounge tie. It isn't severe, he could still feed properley even though he was 34.5 weeks prem. I was offered to have it snipped when he was at hospital, but I declined as he was constantly being jabbed with needles and probes while he was in special care nursery for all the blood screens...jaundice and air saturation levels etc. I just couldn't bear the thought of more pain for him.
My CHN has been at me a few times to have it snipped, but again I don't want to cause any unneccessary pain. My only concern is I don't want him to have any speech impediments such as a lisp because of restricted tounge movement.
Has any one else had any speech problems with bubs and tounge ties???
I know in my heart that if he does have problems I will have it snipped, but if he does't have to I won't.

Danielle

my ds is also 10mths wen i had him he had trouble attaching to the boob and the nurse said he may b a bit tounge tie.though as time went on he took to the bottle really well and the chn has never said anything to me so i think he may b ok.does ur ds have trouble feeding?
Sign in to follow this topic