1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. it makes me sick!!!

it makes me sick!!! Rss

Hi ladies
how we al doing this morning?
i just want to have my bitch for the day.. i was just out walking and pulled up at the lights was a mother in her car with her baby.... prob no older than 6months old and to my absolute amazement i saw her puffing away on a cigarette!!!!
my God!!! i could have just strangled her! Fair enough if you want to put your own health at risk but a baby too.... what was she thinking???
it just makes me sick to my stomach that people would do such things.
Im a smoker too but, NEVER would i have one NEAR my baby let alone in my car with my baby!! there's barely enough air in a car as it is and to add all those toxic chemicals to such a small space it drives me nuts!!!!!
Bring in the laws of NO SMOKING IN CARS, EVER!

Beth

im with you chicky it drives me nuts to but what can you do nothing until a law comes in about it. I feel so sorry for bubs that have to breath in smokes my partners brother and wife smoke in the house car in front of the kids last winter there 5 year old was rushed to hospital with server breathing problems and the doc said its due to breathing in to much smoke and now has i think i have it right by memory broncolitis maybe called something else but its due to passive smoking the 2 kids are always sick they should be against the law

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

I agree with you Beth, I think its a pretty ignourant thing to be doing. Especially in this day and age with so much publicity regarding the effects of smoking. DH and I are ex smokers, seriously the hardest thing we ever did. I still love a passive if I walk past a smoker, but certainly not happy that DD has to be exposed to it - say to the entrance of a shopping centre. DH and I were talking the other day if employees have to sign some kind of waiver these days. I mean for restauarants where they have smoking areas.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I'm a smoker (but one who's quit like 100 times), and I'm joining this boat too!!! Don't smoke in the car with or without bub and even before bub was born my partner and I never smoked in the house. Not only for reasons about bub's health, but frankly I can't stand a house that smells like an ashtray!! Fair enough if people want to put their own health at risk, but they shouldn't be risking their own child's health.

Sam and Hayley and bub

Sign in to follow this topic