Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Not Putting On Weight

Not Putting On Weight Lock Rss

Hey everyone

My daughter is 6 months old and only weighs 5780 which is 12 pounds 7 ounces. She is drinking all of her bottles on 3 solid feeds a day and not gainging weight. Am i doing something wrong she is in infant nappies and still in 0000 clothes she fits in some 000 but not many. I dont know what to do anymore i am trying my hardest.

People come up to me when shopping and there like oh wow your daughter is very alert how old is she i tell them and there like oh i thought she was only 3 months cause of her size. It makes me feel so bad. going by all the graphs and all that crap she is underweight she was reffered to a peadiatrician and he just says shes not gaining much weight rarara nothing can be done.

I dont know sorry guys just feel real bad today

Hi there,

My daugher is 6.5 months old.
when she was 5 months old she also didn't gain weight. we've been at our family doctor and she said that we have to start solids (she was totally breastfed).
no she started to gain weight.
What I'm doing - when giving her solids I try to make them on the breastmilk (to give extra calories) and try to mix various vegies or fruits together.
so probably your daugher is not having enought food - try to increase her daily intake.
my doctor also told that if she wakes up during night for the feed - probably she is not having enought.

Good luck.

Diana is 22 months old

oh honey you poor thing
my bubs is also 6 months,she weighs just over 15 pound
they all go through growth spurts and it will happen
Lillie is still in infant nappies as well,though she's in 00
Im sure she just waiting for a little growth spurt.
you'll walk into her room one day and she'll have split through all her cloths like a little body builder lol
xxxx
if you ever wanted to chat heres my msn

[email protected]

Lillie....1 year old!!!

oh i forgot to add a lady i know has a 7 month old daughter who is 10pound 3 ounces

now your bubs will feel like a fatty lol
xxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi Nooey

Don't beat yourself up over this. It really sounds like you are doing great so don't blame yourself for her being little.

Both my boys are little (10th-25th percentiles for weight) and I got sick of some health professionals acting as though there is something wrong with them cause they are on the lower end of the percentage scales. I got the comments with Ryan till he turned 1 and now I am getting it with Jayden ... 'what do you feed him?' ... 'oh he's little isn't he?' (as though that is the worst thing in the world).

I know there is nothing wrong with my boys. Both are content, happy and eat, they are just finely built (which I am also). Besides I don't think of them as 'tiny' they look like healthy little boys to me with chubby little cheeks and little rolls of fat (granted not as many as some other babies tongue ) Unless you feel in your heart (cause I think we know best when it comes to our own kids) that there is something wrong with your little girl don't listen to the negativity and find some health professionals who do not think all babies have to be huge babies to be healthy (I have). As others have mentioned after 3mths of age babies don't grow as much and they can go thru growth periods and lulls in their growth. My doctor says as long as your child continues to follow the same growth curve, is alert and content then you have a healthy bubs on your hands smile !

All the best and hope you feel better soon!
Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hey

Has she doubled her birth weight yet? A rule of thumb is double their birth weight by 6 months and triple it by 12 months.

hope that helps

Tiddles, Vic, 3/1/2006 dd

Sign in to follow this topic